Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What to wear to the high school reunion.



It all started, as these things tend to do, with a little joke.

My Twenty Year High School Reunion was coming up, and I jokingly suggested on the Facebook that the theme of the reunion should be “From Kittens to Cougars.” As most of my status updates on Facebook are, I expected this comment to be ignored.

But the comments started rolling in.

“LOL.”

“ROFL.”

“PMPL.”

The comments evolved into a discussion. “Dude,” my fellow classmates said, “you should make t-shirts.” People even threatened to buy them.

Not knowing anything about selling t-shirts for a profit, I laughed and went on with my life. This was a few months ago.

Fast forward to today, and I find myself running a “wildly successful” t-shirt business called Whiggy Tease. It deals mostly with political and history stuff, but sometimes it wanders off topic. I’m on my way to earning my first million, you know.

So, the refrain began again. “Dude,” they sang, “you should make ‘From Kittens to Cougars’ shirts for the reunion.”

There’s only so much high school related peer pressure that one person can take, so…


Here it is. The unofficial theme of the Solon High Class of 1989 Twenty Year reunion has a shirt. A whole line of shirts, actually.

I have a semi-serious commitment from a classmate to buy one. If she, or anyone, orders it before this Saturday, they’ll get it in time for reunion weekend. Perhaps it’s not formal enough to wear to the big event on Saturday 7/25, but it’s good enough to wear to the bowling alley event the eve of the reunion, don’t ya think?

So we’ll see how this goes. Perhaps I’ll start making shirts for other high school reunions. You know Chagrin Falls is up for it. Maybe I’ll even start doing this for big high schools across the country.

Maybe I'll be a millionaire by our 35th year reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment